November 14th 2014
It got cold today. Dropped down to 7. And I forgot to haul wood into the house. Man was it hard to get out of bed today, knowing I was going to have to 1) wear 5 layers, 2) haul wood at 8am in 7 degrees, or 3) turn the heat on. None of these are ideal.
When I considered our schedule today, I decided to rough the coldness and dress everyone in a lot of layers and wash dishes (the hot water feels good). We left for school at 1230 and didn't return to the house until 8:30pm! The cat was put off that his dinner was 3.5 hours late.
While Bug was at school, Mr and I hung out with Father James at the chapel handing out Turkeys and Thanksgiving meal items to soldiers. Mr got tossed in the air by just about everyone he could convince to pick him up. It was a good afternoon for him. Not many could resist the simple request of "up?" We left the chapel to get Bug and then stayed for an hour longer to participate in her classroom open house. Mr was in heaven! He loved loved loved being able to touch everything for once.
After the open house was done, we shuffled to the car and headed to Ms. 'Gina's and Mr. Ben's house so Mom could go teach a class. Regina had promised Bug on Monday when she didn't want to leave that they would make cookies today. They did. They were delicious. After class we hung out with the Bakers and chatted (it was so hard to drag the kids out of there) while Mr chased their tiny little dog up and down the stairs. We were escorted home by a big beautiful green Aurora band for the 30 min drive.
We all crashed pretty hard when we got home. A good exhausted :-)







No comments:
Post a Comment