13 November 2014
I usually really like Thursdays. A day of rest after the couple of obligations that I usually have during the first half of the week. The kids were in rare form. Maybe not rare form, just uncommon. They aren't usually at each other's throats. I enjoyed sending the eldest off to school very much...
I found myself grumbling about how I haven't done anything I said I would. I had so many plans for my evenings alone, quilting, and the mountain of sewing projects I have, packing up the house, the home repairs I've been putting off...so much to do, or that I could do. But didn't. How did I waste 58 nights?? Have I really just been keeping my head above water? Doesn't seem like it. We did get our first oil delivery since the beginning of July and it was only $198. Which is AMAZING. A slight pat on my back for the hard work of hauling wood through the yard, then into the house through a window, (some splitting), and walking into a super cold basement to start the fire (believe me that takes a lot of effort some days).
I decided to DO something that I wanted tonight. I made a skirt. I've been trying to talk to Bug about modesty, and with her being obsessed with leggings, I've tried to encourage her to wear skits or shorts over her leggings. The best way to teach is do...so, I need more skirts - I have a lot of leggings. Best place to start is with what I already have. I have a t-shirt that I love but has a stain on the front of it, some snipping and the use of one of the Hubby's shirts that also had a stain on it, and wa-la. A new yoga skirt :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment