I still can't get over that's its been over 50 days since Dad's been TDY. I kept comparing this to our deployment (which I damn near relived completely last night by rereading the daily blog from that year), and this is only a fraction of the time compared to 4 years ago. But it's still a good chunk of time. Enough of the mental exercises...my mind really doesn't need anymore stretching.
I tried to wake up at a decent time today, but failed. I instead chose to lay in bed in that state of half asleep, yet awake enough to hear the kids talking/playing/fighting. The half asleep part of me kept me from yelling down the stairs at them. I'm not going to tell you at what time I finally got out of bed - I would get a lot of glaring stares from all the Moms out there...I'm lucky, I know I am. I have some amazing kids when it comes to sleeping. They love to do it and if they don't - they leave me alone and I trust them enough to not burn the house down. I heard one altercation that I probably would have stepped in on, but they worked through it, which makes me think that maybe I step in too often with them and they just need to duke it out...
And I can transition from raving about my awesome kids to bragging about my wonderful husband. I don't think anyone would argue that I'm the optimistic one in my marriage. He's a sweetheart and I love him, but he's a half empty kind of guy - usually. Unless I need him to not be :) A quick text to him to grumble about my lack of motivation to do anything but sit on the couch and watch the Mickey Mouse Club House with the kids and his reply is a photo of himself in a bright red/orange Hawaiian shirt with a big goofy grin on his face. Really it was the big grin that made me bubble up with happiness.
He proved it during the deployment - he could make me smile and feel more loved than I ever thought possible while we were thousands of miles apart. I got a good one!
This was as productive as I got today...I punched out the shapes from the box of Kix cereal. The middle one is a giraffe, I followed the directions on the box, he isn't supposed to have a face or a pattern...The monkey was supplemental and the tiger I got creative with, I cut him out - he wasn't supposed to be part of the perforated set...the kids love them. Go figure. I would say if only it was that easy to make me smile. But the Hubs already proved that it is :)
No comments:
Post a Comment