21OCT2014
All I want to do right now is complain. And not just whine, but be borderline angry and aggressive. I'm mad. I'm mad at everyone who has ever not followed through on their word. At everyone who has done something inconsiderate at the expense of someone else's feelings for their own sake. At anyone who hasn't realized how far out their circle of influence touches, or how heavy it weighs on those in their inner circle. This really encompasses the whole world. And myself. I know. The best part of my day (aside from waking up in a war-free area of the world, under a roof, in a warm house, with good health and two happy children) was listening to my husband talk about his difficulties properly formatting a paper for class.
For weeks I've been telling the kids, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I am going to need to take my own advice here. And I will please just remind everyone that reads this to really consider what does and doesn't come out of your mouth. It's tiring to consider how those things you say and don't say effect other people, and you won't always be perfect at it, but I'm not asking you to be perfect, I'm asking you to just consider how someone may feel, even if it's just once a day. Especially if that someone is close to you. If you fail, apologize. Hell, sometimes an apology isn't even necessary, just an acknowledgement that you didn't keep your word, or that you haven't told them "good job" enough, is sufficient.
No comments:
Post a Comment