3 oct 2014
After a long night of vigilantly watching Mr, and Bug finding one reason or another to get out of bed, I rolled over at 0615 to ask Mr to repeat what he had just said. After removing his paci, he told me he wanted to go sleep in his bed. Alrighty then! Must be feeling better! I wanted so bad to crawl back into my bed and wrap my arms around the big dude that is usually next to me in bed. I did the next best thing at the moment. A text message. I happened to catch him on a break, so we had a brief conversation about nothing in particular, it was nice.
Mr found his way back to my bed around 0800 just in time for him to puke on my chest. Needless to say, I'm toast. I'm soggy, spent, tired toast...
Bug had gotten up and gotten dressed and instead of pestering me at the side of my bed for cereal, she had just come downstairs and entertained herself, and it struck me as visually appealing, and it warmed my heart and brought a smile to my face. Why? I'm not sure. It just did. Maybe the glimmer of independence and creativity. Something that seems to be fading here at home with her.
I really don't know what it is about this, but I love it. I love the order, the colors, everything. I kind of want to blow it up and make a poster out of it. Call me crazy.
The day was saved when a good friend asked if I happened to want some homemade pizza. She was making some for her family and making some for mine wasn't too much more effort. Anyone that knows me, knows a reason to not make dinner is ALWAYS a welcome one.
These were beautiful, and delicious and Mr even successfully kept a teeny tiny sliver of a slice down. He begged me for some pizza, I couldn't say no. I'm grateful that I was thought of at the last minute. It seemed like that never happened during our deployment. My immediate neighbor often thought of me, but we could always hear each other living so close, and hence we were always reminded to invite the other over. I never expected the pizza offer. It was out of the blue, and sweet, and made me smile :)
No comments:
Post a Comment