2 Oct.
Today was rough. Most know that Mr spiked a fever of 105.9 late on the 1st. With meds it would come down to 102/103. Super cranky, not my crazy dancing kid, rather heartbreaking. Walking through the hospital on the way to his Dr. appointment this afternoon, everyone that laid eyes on him made some comment about the poor baby. He was exceptionally pitiful.
We didn't do anything but take Bug to school, go to his appt and watch movies/TV all day long.
The "happy" moment I found in all of this was that I had my oils to turn to. It's been just over a year since I started using essential oils, and in that time I personally haven't taken a single tylenol. And let me tell you after the night of July 3rd, I would have taken a vicodin! Nope, I used grapefruit, lemon, and lavender and my headache became manageable enough to function. And I didn't have to become "functional" by taking a chemically derived pill. No slam against those that do, I just rather stay away from it. And I'm not saying modern medicine doesn't have a place. When Mr's thermometer reading was 105.9, I reached immediately for the acetaminophen -it was expired, but I knew without hesitation that was the route I needed to go. But modern medicine has it's limitations. One can overdose, so when he was 2 hours from being able to take more meds, and his fever was climbing again and back up to 103.5, I could dab peppermint on his neck and forehead to keep him cool (it works! I've done it). I could apply lavender to ease the pain he was feeling (he wouldn't let me touch him or move him). But when that 2 hour mark would hit and he'd whine and fuss and make it so clear how uncomfortable he was, a dab of some choice oils and he'd fall asleep and rest better until we could give him another dose of medicine. As a Mom, bringing peace and comfort to your children is what brings peace and comfort to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment