Total Pageviews

14 October 2014

4 weeks.

FOUR.  WEEKS.  DOWN.  
Of course this day I woke up with zero patience, a grouchy mood, and a short fuse.  I noticed it immediately and decided that I needed to shake off the grumpy monkey on my back and replace it with my new self-splurge I picked up on Sunday.  

Isn't she pretty!?  And I'm totally talking about the scarf.  

The scarf seemed to work better than I anticipated.  By the time dinner rolled around of course Mama Grouchy Pants hadn't made anything (we did all split a really yummy spinach smoothie after school).  I wanted comfort food.  I've been craving comfort in general (since my usual "comfort" is so far away).  I searched the fridge for something easy and "comfy" and came up with bell peppers, summer sausage and cheese.  The kids got peanut butter on their peppers, Mom got kefir ranch dip for hers.  But it brought me back a little ways to the nights my Mom would make something I found inedible, and I'd get noodles with butter and parmesan cheese, or white rice and butter...that was the ultimate comfort food for me.  I'm so thankful that my kids scarfed down a whole bell pepper, a cheese stick, and 1/2 a summer sausage and asked for more bell pepper.

Yay Veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment