13Oct2014
I didn't get up on the wrong side of the bed, just the alternative universe side of the bed...man. I have no clue when the kids woke up. All I know is Bug woke me around 10 saying she was hungry. At 1010, the two crawled into bed and laid on me until 1035. When I realized we had to leave for school in 2 hours, the fire had obviously been out for a really long time (cold house), I needed to fold towels for school, the poor cat hadn't been fed, and I had a few other to-dos to get done, I got my butt out of bed.
The kids were in a weird mood, Mr threw a fit over something insanely trivial and I suggested he go calm down up stairs. This was at 11, when he never came back down 10 min later I went to check on him, found him snuggled in bed - sound asleep. I had to wake him an hour and a half later to drive Bug to school. He was happy and sweet the rest of the day. Until about 5:30pm
Bug seemed to flip between "more cooperative than she has ever been" and "more stubborn than a mule" in a span of 4 seconds. When it was time to leave for school, her response was (loud enough for Canada to hear) "I don't want to go to school!" She was so obnoxious about it that I completely ignored her to go wake Mr, by the time I came down stairs with her brother, she had on her hat, coat, her gloves were next to her and she was putting on her shoes. She never does this without me asking (and I have to ask about each item...)
Weird, I tell you. The polar extremes seemed to culminate well in time for us to leave for CWOC. Of course. I know I ask a lot of them, these little kids of ours. We turned their world upside over night without Dad, having to follow Mom's schedule...apparently this is their coping mechanism?
Are we half way yet???
(I'll add the picture as soon as my phone decides it can back up today's photos...grrr technology sometimes...)
No comments:
Post a Comment