Total Pageviews

23 September 2014

Day 7.

Finally a day that I was up before 9am!  I know that sounds odd.  I'm not a morning person, especially when the weather is cold and it's dark and I'm under a down comforter with a purring (not whining) Cat snuggled in my knee pits...but if I don't get up early and get stuff going, I fall flat the rest of the day.  So, today was good, some productive quiet time to clean which led to the house officially hitting the market.  Sad, but good.  I guess.  I knew this was coming, I was looking forward to this, but now the uncertainty is getting a smidge heavy.  We weren't this settled down in Louisiana, and we had orders before we started packing things up.  So it feels odd packing up a house and selling the one I'm living in, when we don't have a place to go.  But I think I made some good progress toward the no where we are headed.  We hit max energy at 4pm (without a nap) which made our visit with a friend a little chaotic, but it was great to see them, and we made it through dinner without too much hassle.

After a busy day of moving and lifting and sweeping and shuffling, I got to slow down enough to share a cookie with the two sweetest things in the world.  This upcoming move has made me feel like I have binoculars, I keep looking back to the past of where we came from all those years ago and then I turn to the left and I can see so far down the line all the places we could be, and all those things we should/could prepare for, and too often I forget to take the binoculars off and look down at my feet.  And have a cookie with my kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment