He should be in the air. I never heard from him after we talked on Saturday. No big deal, that could be for many reasons. I'm not jumping to conclusions. I knew I wouldn't hear from Rear-D with a confirmation that he is on this flight because Rear-D doesn't make calls past 6pm (I think) and the flight left after that. So, I most likely will hear sometime tomorrow that he is in fact on MB6 and I get to see him on the 12th :). If I don't hear by 6pm tomorrow we have a huge issue and I'm not sure how I'm to go about fixing it. I hope beyond all hope that I don't have to even think about going there.
So, today. In preparation for my husband coming home after a year long deployment. I organized the pen cup on the desk. I pulled the pens, pencils, high lighters, and markers out and tested each one and sharpened all the pencils. I then put them back, all in a nice neat order of course. This is going to be a rough 2 days. I really shouldn't complain, I have all the big projects done (that I've not told anyone about b/c they're a surprise) for quite some time. And the only thing that remains is the crazy cleaning. And seeing as how our ceremony isn't until 7pm at night...I have a whole freaking day to get through. So Wednesday I'll be cleaning, no need to start that too soon. I'd have to do it twice and that's just silly.
I also attended our good friend's welcome home ceremony this morning. I wanted to see what the set up was like, and how to maximize our experience there on Wednesday. It was really great to see the reunion. I got some fabulous pictures that I can't stop looking at :) I was worried the ceremony would almost be more of a hindrance, I didn't want to deal with a cranky child, I didn't want to camp out for a spot to sit, I just want to hug and kiss my husband. But after today, I have a game plan, I know where we can sit/stand that will allow us easy access to Chad and the exit once we get him. And I'll still get to enjoy some of the fanfare and tradition behind the Redeployment Ceremony :)
No comments:
Post a Comment