Well I heard from Chad last night :) He sounded tired-as expected. His travel voice is a pretty rough one. He left me with the impression that he'd try to call again before he left for home.
My motivation is dwindling even more than yesterday. I made a trip to the Class-six (on Post liquor store for those that aren't in the know), and spent over $100. This included items for 2 other people and gifts for some returning soldiers. Chad told me he didn't even want beer. I did verify, he still wanted Rum & Coke, so he still is in fact, my husband. I got me beer, and my kind of Rum...yea, I got myself more alcohol than my husband. Don't judge too harshly.
I played around with the budget for 2 hours after I decided I should go to bed. I know, makes sense. I tell you, these next few days are not going to make sense in any way, shape, or form.
I'll leave you with a cute story in hopes you won't notice there isn't a picture for today...
The computer desktop has been black since the external hard drive had a conniption a couple months ago and I decided today I needed to put a picture of Chad on it as the background. So, I pulled up one that I had taken during one of our skype talks. I closed the window so the new image wasn't blocked by anything and as Caitlin looked up from whatever she had in her lap she clearly, without any doubt said "da-dee" and grinned. And then I felt horrible because she ran over to me, patted my lap and said "up eeze" (up please). When she realized there weren't any words coming from the computer, the looks that crossed her face were priceless and a little sad. I'm really curious to see how she'll do at the ceremony when she sees him in person. I don't know if it's the uniform she recognizes or if it's his face. She doesn't see a lot of other people in uniform (only the few FRG events we've gone to), but she doesn't call anyone else in uniform daddy, so I think it might be his face that she knows :)
No comments:
Post a Comment