I am in emotional overload. I'm days away from seeing my husband's face, I can't seem to find any motivation to do anything around the house, and I just watched the Lipdub my old Highschool just posted online and it stirred up so much freaking emotion in me that I didn't know could possibly exist.
I'm not going to go into crazy detail about why this Lipdub warms my heart so much, but I will say that it appears these kids are truly proud to be at this school. I attended a performance put on by the high school band just after I had started dating Chad, and they played a military montage, I cried. I got nostalgic, I wished that I had appreciated the talent and the opportunity that I had had as a member of my high school band. I look back a lot on my high school life and the phrase "I wish I knew then what I know now" really rings true.
But the song they chose hits really deep when you think about it coming from the lips of a high schooler, and the time and effort that obviously has to go into a production like this, shows these kids are where they want to be. When large masses of people stand together and show their pride, I really can't stand it. I become a sniveling pile of emotion. Whether it's an entire University standing strong after a horrible massacre, or a 3rd grade class saying the national anthem with their hands over their hearts, or a group of high schoolers showing the world and anyone that will listen that they are proud to be who they are and where they are. That's big for high schoolers. That's big for my school, a school that seems to have fought for years to prove itself to it's own students. It seems to have worked :)
Check them out, the quality isn't the greatest, but tell me how your heart feels after you watch it and if a couple more pixels or better synchronization would have made a difference...
No comments:
Post a Comment