Total Pageviews

28 September 2011

Day 342 Sept.24 2011

Because my life isn't complicated or stressful enough, I tweaked something in my upper back that is wreaking havoc on my upper body.  I set Bug down on the couch and as I stood up I felt this small twinge slowly start to creep along the top of my shoulders and melt down over my shoulder blades all while tightening and crimping down on all the muscle fibers it could...bad twinge.  I stood there helpless as my entire upper back crumbled in on itself and held tight, unwilling to move, refusing to relax.  Oh joy.

Bug let me lay on the couch on the heating pad all morning while we watched cartoons and football.  Everyone took a nap when nap time rolled around and I woke up feeling slightly better.  I at least could walk without looking too funny and could hold my camera.  Which was important because I was playing photographer for the baptism of a friend's son in just a few short hours.

Putting Erin on kid duty, I was able to get ready for the baptism, get the car packed with everyone and everything, and get to the church on time.  The baptism went just swimmingly, and we got home in time to enjoy my first free-range chicken in the crock-pot :)  I really understand what fall-of-the-bone means.  I pulled one of the legs off and tilted it toward the plate and watched everything (without any force or shaking on my part) slide right off the bone onto the plate.  Amazing.  Made for easy preparation :)  And, I found the wishbone!  I've never pulled the wishbone out of something that I've cooked before.  I don't know what I'm going to do with it...


No comments:

Post a Comment