I don't know if I've ever been a big believer in "fate". Not that I'm against it, I just maybe am indifferent to it. But there have been a handful of times in my life where things have effortlessly fallen into place and just clicked without any effort.
The biggest one that I will always think of first, was my wedding. My Mom and I drove to Mackinaw City with a vague idea of some places we could look into, but we didn't have much of a direction or path to follow. After we picked the venue, the guy that gave us the tour recommended two restaurants for dinner, and on the way to the restaurant we passed the most beautiful Bed & Breakfast that happened to have 6 rooms available for the weekend we were interested in and gave us a discount (and the women that owned the place were previously event planners and loved the idea of helping with the "reception"), and on the way back to Lansing, the officiant called me back and was free for the date we needed...within 24 hours, my wedding fell into place. It was the most beautiful, natural events I've ever been apart of, and I'm not being biased :)
Today I started playing with our household budget. Not that we are living outside of our means and need to cut back. But I'm OCD (if you haven't noticed) and like having control. Of everything. So I revamped our budget. This time it was after perusing through The Total Money Makeover book by Dave Ramsey. He had a couple theories that I liked, and was able to twist to fit into our citation really well. I now exactly know where each penny I spend is going to go. And it's going to cut back on a lot of impulse buys. Not that I impulse buy a lot, I just feel horribly guilty when I do it out of the sheer concept that I don't provide any income to the family.
BUT, that could possibly change now...I'm trying not to jump out of my skin too much about it, but today's weekly yoga class was finally led by the yoga certified instructor that was supposed to lead the class. It was F.A.N.TASTIC. I miss a good hot yoga class. A yoga class that is more workout than relaxation, it's a beautiful thing. Anyway, last week the thought crossed my mind: "what would it take to become a yoga instructor?" I had considered getting my teaching certificate and I kind of already had an idea on what the entailed. But yoga instructor?....no clue. So I googled it. I found that you need to do at a minimum 200 hours in an registered Yoga Alliance school. This 200 hours usually runs about $3,000.00 and can take anywhere between 3 and 6 months. Well, that's not crazy practical for me. I could see us forking out the $3,000 bones and then PCSing half way through my certification and then I never finish or, take months longer than anticipated to finish and we're in a whole new life that might not be conducive to finishing my certification... This is where I get to the exciting part...I talked with Lara, our instructor after class today and told her I wanted to have lunch or coffee or just chat about becoming an instructor. She practically jumped through the roof with excitement and said yes so many times I lost track. I like her. She mentioned that she just got certified in a place in Houston about 18 months ago and it was an 8 day course that gave her the basic 200 hour requirement. I guess the story with this place is the yogi is crazy old and has been around so long that the Yoga Alliance (stop laughing, I know it's really Star Wars sounding) has grandfathered his practice into the organization. She said I'd be perfect for it, she complimented my practice from this evening and said it was clear I knew enough about yoga that I would do well as an instructor :)
I'm now jumping through the roof....
This is so much more appealing to me because if I can get certified in 8 days (and only go as far as Houston), Lara is being hounded by Post to work with the Wounded Warriors program and with pregnant soldiers for PT, she's now volunteering at the gym, and she wants to start classes in DeRidder and Leesville. Meaning, I'd have a job, almost immediately. Really? Trying to be level headed about this is difficult. I'm waiting to hear from here in the next day or two and get details before I really jump for joy. I might just let myself live on cloud 9 until then. I've had some low days lately, I can stand some time on cloud 9 :)
The explanation for this picture is that it made me smile that libraries still use the card method that I remember as a kid. Nice to know technology hasn't completely taken over :)
No comments:
Post a Comment