So today was day 1 with the "new budget". I planned to go grocery shopping and keep it under $77 for the week. Which really shouldn't be difficult, but Caitlin drinks DHA infused, organic, whole milk that is 3.69/half gallon. She goes through about 1.5 half gallons/week. So I have to buy two. But giving her anything else, just seems wrong when I have this option. Anyway, I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to keep it under my budget, so I calculated on my phone as I went. It's really easy to do when I have all of my hands and they're not fighting with another set of hands in the shopping cart...(thank you Erin!). As I pulled up into the checkout lane, a bead of sweat dripping down my forehead (no, not really), I pulled out my stash of little envelopes, I thumbed through them to find the one labeled "commissary" just as she read my total. "$75.25"
Sweet!
I pulled out the cash, smiled a big smile (she probably thought I was crazy-I know, I am.), grabbed my weeks worth of essential groceries and headed home.
By this time though, my legs are starting to feel as if they won't be able to make the whole trip from the front door to the car...The 20 min prior to the commissary was spent at the gym in an intensive interval workout class. It's really the first cardio workout I've had in a LONG time. Sadly, it only took 20 min to deplete every ounce of control from my body, so the bagger that pushed my groceries out to the car probably thought I had filled my shoes with pebbles or something.
I showered and put on pajamas (made sense at 2:45 in the afternoon), and then realized I might have a sleeping kid for an hour...I could take a nap! I did. Except I didn't have a sleeping kid for an hour, I had one for 30 min longer. It was pretty fantastic. Followed that with the company of a friend who came over for stuffed peppers and zucchini. Blair would be friend number 4 I've converted to paleo :) This paleo thing must have done some really flattering things to me, b/c when I started talking about it months ago, all these people thought I was talking crazy talk and didn't want anything to do with it. And now, after I've gone through the 30 day challenge and been "living Paleo" for another month after that, all these people are hooked-and they haven't even tried it...they've just been a witness to me...I like it, who doesn't want to spread healthy goodness :)
No comments:
Post a Comment