Total Pageviews

03 September 2011

Day 320 Sept.2 2011

So, I've been fully embracing the "Paleo Lifestyle" and loving it.  It really has become that, a lifestyle.  It's no longer a diet that I have to think about constantly, or question whether I'm sticking to my guns.  It's become second nature.  I like it.

Well, since this life has become so ingrained now, when I saw that Whole Foods was having a sale on their grass-fed ground beef for 4.99/lb, I couldn't say no.  My best friend was so wonderful enough to tag along with us again (like she did last week when we went to WF).  We got up before the sun and hit the road in order to make it there before they ran out of beef.  We made it without any directional hitches and we were able to get all the meat we wanted :).  Our plan was to hit up the water park afterward...but neither of us were aware that a tropical storm was working its way towards the coast.  That's reassuring, isn't it...we didn't see anything grand, it wasn't even windy.  Just humid and damp.  The storm isn't supposed to really make landfall until later on Saturday anyway.

On the way down, about 2 hours in, Caitlin started making some funny noises and grouchy faces.  We decided to stop in Opelousas and let her stretch her legs.  The first exit you take dumps you off in a historic part of downtown that has about 7 historical houses set out in a museum style layout.  There's a small parking lot and a brick walkway connecting all of the houses.  The homes were all circa late 1800s, early 1900s.  Kinda cool, Caitlin loved it.  They had some crazy Cajun music piped through speakers set throughout the park, Caitlin loved that the most :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment