Total Pageviews

02 September 2011

Day 318 Aug.31 2011

"You have to give, to get.  That's the only way to live life."

I'm sure this saying has been used and passed around in multiple versions and scenarios throughout time.  I heard it today while indulging in my guilty pleasure (the TV show Charmed is instant watch on Netflix...) and it got me thinking how very true it is.  I've been in such a good, happy mood these last few days and when I look at the common denominator, it comes down to giving.  I feel the most productive and content when I'm working on something for someone else.  I don't hand out hand knitted gifts with the expectation I'll get anything in return-I really don't.  I don't knit to give gifts, I knit because I love that I can create something by winding thread around itself.  And I don't need hats, or gloves, or scarfs, but I know some people who do.  So why not give them away?  It only makes sense.  And everything does circle back, the world is a wonderfully balanced place most of the time.  I got two gifts out of the blue today from my Dad.  A hand carved stamp with Caitlin's name on it, and a beautiful diamond necklace :).  Thank you Karma (and Dad ;-)).



No comments:

Post a Comment