Total Pageviews

28 August 2011

Day 315 Aug.28 2011

Ugh.  I really do try to turn my days around when I feel them going sour.  It just seems that the more you try the worse it makes it...

Post has started offering an all you can eat brunch buffet for 9.95 (kids under 5 are free) every Sunday from 10-2pm.  Erin and I went before Erin went to church at 11.  It was surprisingly good.  It was in the nicer banquet room instead of the usual club house restaurant portion of the community center.  They had cloth table covers, a made to order omelet maker, they had pasta, pastries, gravy, scrambled eggs, a meat carver, fruit, cereal...I was impressed.  It was well done.  I'm super excited that on Sunday mornings when we're craving breakfast out, we aren't stuck to dealing with crappy food and service at Huddle House...

I got home, struggled to take a nap for some reason-I just couldn't relax enough to settle into good sleep.  And that was where my day turned.  After struggling to sleep for 2 hours, I gave up and knitted until I heard Cate wake up.  Made a leftover lunch and then packed up and changed for the pool.  Erin met us outside and we headed out.  Only to discover that the pool that should have had 1.5 more hours of operation was closed. There weren't even any life guards there to explain why.  When I called the housing office I got the answering service that said she couldn't provide me with any information.  This is the third time this week the pool has been closed not due to weather.  I try really hard not to get worked up over the pool and the asinine rules, but I'm finding it very hard to not get worked up.  It seems that 70% of the time we walk to the pool, it's closed for anything from thunder to not having enough life guards to a chemical imbalance.  Gah.  At least Erin came back with us and talked with me a little in the backyard while Caitlin played in her pool and kept me from really sulking into a bad mood.

Let me back up to this morning before Bug woke up.  I got caught up on all my FRG to-dos.  I'm trying to put together a fundraiser to help make up for the fact family can't bring personal posters to the welcome home ceremony.  We're purchasing blank t-shirts in bulk and having families decorate shirts so they can "wear" their sign.  Well, I asked for "RSVPs" so we know how many to order, or at least come up with an idea.  It's been almost a week and I've gotten 4.  FOUR.  We put this out to the BN, made of 6 companies...that's a lot of people.  So, I put it out again this morning, and we got it on facebook this afternoon.  I get one response on facebook.  "Nice to see you're accommodating those that need sizes larger than XL."

Really?  I provided only basic information because there is a character limit.  There is an email if you have further questions.  Why don't you email the organizer and ASK THE FREAKING QUESTION INSTEAD OF BITCHING JUST TO HEAR YOURSELF CAUSE DRAMA!?!?!  We could be doing nothing and really give you something to complain about.  I find that I actually have to stand up and walk to the middle of the room so nothing is in my reach and take 3 really big breaths.  I don't know if I've spent the last 26 years of my life completely naive to the fact that people like this really exist, or if Louisiana is just overflowing with them.  Don't you think before you talk?  Don't you listen to what you sound like?  Don't you worry how you and your actions reflect on your husband?  That is the only thing that kept me from unleashing into this woman publicly on facebook-I share a name with my husband.  It's so disconcerting.  I spent 3 really intense days trying to organize a prayer service to make up for a crappy one-to help a hurting family, I tried to do a good thing.  And no one came.  Not a single person.  I'm trying to help spouses work around a bump in the road and allow them to still enjoy their welcome home process, and I get zero support.  Screw you too.

Ok.  I'm sorry.  I'm done.  I still have a lump in my throat, I won't feel better until I'm done with this.  I think I'll be stepping down when my husband walks through my front door.  This level of stress doesn't need to be in my house.

I at least remembered I had gluten-free organic macaroni and cheese in the pantry.  So Bug and I had mac'n'cheese and grapes for dinner.  She loved it!  She manages to rescue many of these days for me...I don't know what I'd do without her :)


No comments:

Post a Comment