I haven't fully raved about the kindle yet. Like I mentioned the other day when I bought it, it was kind of an impulse purchase. But today it proved to be a ridiculously handy purchase. Yea, I know I'm bound to only using Amazon.com to purchase applications and books. But so far, I've downloaded 15 classic books for free. Books that I have always wanted to read, but wasn't going to spend money on them. Moby Dick, The Time Machine, The Iliad, Gulliver's Travels, Common Sense to mention a few. A book that I was going to purchase just released in May and is only available in hard cover, which means it's over $25. Not on my kindle...it's $15 :) There are a few applications as well that make it crazy handy. A notepad, which is just that, a notepad. It's proven to be very useful to someone who likes to make lists. The best part about it is I'm not wasting paper, and when I'm at the store, I don't need to hold a pen or pencil, which Caitlin always wants, and then we have an issue in the store over who is going to hold the pencil...crisis avoided! To make the whole thing better, it has a calendar...drool...I have now completely replaced my planner that I tote everywhere! And I've added books and games to it! I'm sure this isn't new to everyone, all you people with iPhones have had this technology in a smaller, more efficient, responsive form for years...cut me some slack, my nickname in college was Amish. I'm getting there.
Oh, and my Mom wins extra bonus life points for mailing me a letter. It was really just a recipe with a sticky note. But it was still mail :)
No comments:
Post a Comment