Total Pageviews

26 August 2011

Day 313 Aug.26 2011

I learned today that I very much enjoy ground buffalo.  It's a shame it's so freaking expensive.  I made burgers on portabello mushrooms with avocado/tomato/onion/lettuce topping.  I took one bite and knew I was missing something-root beer.  I was just so lucky that last weekend while I was at Whole Foods, I picked up a 6 pack of the Louisiana brewed, all natural root beer!  It has three ingredients; water, root beer flavoring, cane juice.  It was definitely different tasting than a can of A&W, but it was still very good, and a perfect compliment to my "burger" mix.  

We're still on our low key swing and it will probably take us through the weekend and possibly until Tuesday.  So, don't expect anything grand here in the next few days.  I plan to be a lump on a log :)



Now, I will warn everyone, the rest of the blog might put some into emotional overload.  I'm only giving everyone a heads up because I know about every other day this last week these have been a little heavy.  That and this part is kind of directed more specifically towards one person in particular...

When I wake up, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who wakes up next to you
When I go out, yeah, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who goes along with you

If I get drunk, well I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you
And if I haver, yeah, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you

But I would walk five hundred miles
And I would walk five hundred more
Just to be the man who walks a thousand miles 
To fall down at your door

When I'm working, yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's working hard for you
And when the money, comes in for the work I'll do
I'll pass almost every penny on to you 

When I come home, oh, I know I'm gonna be 
I'm gonna be the man who comes back home to you
And if I grow old, well, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's growing old with you

When I'm lonely, well, I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be the man who's lonely without you
And when I'm dreaming, well, I know I'm gonna dream
I'm gonna dream about the time when I'm with you


So, I sat down tonight to type up my blog for the day and this is what came on my Pandora station.  I guess I've never really listened to all of the lyrics.  I initially was just going to copy the lyrics down because it got stuck in my head and it has always seemed a silly song to me that has never failed to make me smile...But in reading the words...they sang really true.


My best friend is thousands of miles away - working his hands and mind raw.  We're so close to the end, and things are piling up on him, by no fault of his own.  A friend posted on Facebook the other day, "What has been the hardest part of this deployment?".  The HARDEST thing I've ever done in my life- hands down, no question is know the love of my life is hurting and I can't help.    And yes, I'm comparing this to what I was doing 10 years ago on September 15th (Mom & Dad, please don't think I'm taking anything away from that experience, I know it was different for you).


I hope somewhere, somehow you can find a little solace in these lyrics.  Maybe for the 3 minutes it takes to sing the song in your head you can escape a little bit, forget where you are, for just a couple min.  Hang in there and hold on tight.  I'll see you soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment