Total Pageviews

02 August 2011

Day 289 Aug.2 2011

This morning I decided to not play outside, mainly because I had to wait for housing to show up and unclog my shower drain.  So, in having a lazy morning, I was channel surfing and landed on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.  He was talking about the debt ceiling (of course), but I hung with it and chuckled a little bit, but then he started talking about his weekend trip with the USO to Afghanistan.  I loved listening to this part.  I recognized a few places he mentioned in his FOB shout-out.  He showed off a few t-shirts that he promised to wear, I didn't recognize any of them, but I thought, how freaking cool for the family of these soldiers to see their husband's task force symbol on the Daily Show!  And sure enough, he pulled up a board of patches that were given to him and the first one that I saw was the 10th Mountain patch that my hubby wears on this uniform!!!  My heart swelled to the size of 8 pregnant watermelons, and I managed to actually grab the camera and snap a few photos of the TV.  Best morning ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment