Total Pageviews

18 July 2011

Day 266 Jul.10 2011


So, an odd thing happened today.  And I’m not connecting any huge lines, but I will admit that it was a well timed coincidence. 
I’ve had a harder time adjusting to life back in Louisiana.  I had an expectation that things were going to be and feel a certain way, and they aren’t.  It’s disappointing and frustrating on a few different levels.  It’s no one’s fault, but my own for having those pesky expectations.  So, long story short, I’ve been dragging.  I feel like I’ve put too much of my burden on my already tired husband, and it makes the feeling worse.  Makes for kind of a crappy snowball effect.  Well, I was watching Harry Potter on TV upstairs in the bedroom while I finished up some laundry.  After HP, Mr. Joel Osteen was on next.  Those of you of aren’t familiar; he is some form of preacher.  He actually kind of reminds me of Martin Short.  Anyway, I was in and out of the room so I didn’t bother changing the channel.  But I did start listening (and here is the start of the coincidence) because what he was saying, I needed to hear.
“There are times in life that we all get tired: tired of trying to make a business grow, tired of dealing with a sickness, tired of raising a difficult child, tired of living lonely, waiting to meet the right person. We can even be doing what we love, living in the house of our dreams, raising great children, or working at a good job, but if we’re not careful, we can lose our passion and allow weariness to set in.”
Wow.  Nail on head.  And according to Mr. Osteen, when you give in to the weariness, your next give is into failure.  But that victory was right around the corner (I’m sure his victory and my victory are two VERY different things), and it would be silly to give in with victory so close.  “Those that talk about being tired, become more tired.  Don’t talk about what you are, talk about what you want to be.” 
Huh, what he said wasn’t hugely profound, it was actually a little cheesy and over the top inspirational.  But instead of crawling into bed with a sagging feeling, I had a little lighter feeling in my chest.  Odd that it came from a television evangelist…but hey, inspiration is inspiration, right? :)


This, by the way, is not Joel Osteen, or Martin Short.  It's my new pet (I hope).  He seems to have moved into one of my pots on the front porch.  I really really hope he decides to stay.  I'm even tempted to purchase crickets and keep his area stocked ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment