I’m finding that we have to reclaim our home from many different creepy crawly things. Well, not really our inside home (thankfully), more the outer perimeter. I’ve destroyed a hornets nest on our front porch roof. I could reach the nest with the end of the broom handle while standing in the front door, so I had a very easy escape if I needed. I didn’t need.
Next I tackled the backyard. My squash plant took quite a liberty and engulfed the corner of the fence. Which actually pleases me; since it’s off the grass and on the fence I don’t have to worry about the mowers :). I didn’t realize, if given the opportunity, squash would climb fences, lucky me. Anyway, the weeds have overtaken the rest of the garden area, and I had to pull out some pots that were now just supporting weeds and no longer had productive plants in them. Hello, black widow land. Ugh. I had two that were enormous, a handful that were so teeny tiny that stepping on them on cement wouldn’t kill them. If their bites weren’t necrotic, it wouldn’t bother me so much to have them around, really it wouldn’t. So long as they stay outside I’m cool. The wolf spider that was the size of my foot, I allowed him to live. I just chased him outside of the fence and told him to stay out because he was creepy to look at.
Then…while in the garage I heard a sort of buzzing sound that I assumed was a small child’s motorized bike running up and down the sidewalk. I wasn’t convinced, so I cautiously looked around. When I looked up I saw a hornets nest the size of my fist. The vibrating sound was coming from it. Gah. I called housing this afternoon, I’m not dealing with that one.
Then we came inside and threw balls at Marvin. He was pleased :)
No comments:
Post a Comment