Total Pageviews

17 July 2011

Day 265 Jul.9 2011


Caitlin and I were reviewing facial features and where they were located while at breakfast in the dining car when a woman sitting across from me asked if I was a teacher with a smile on her face.  I smiled at the compliment and said, “Only to this little one.”  The more I thought about it, the more I started thinking, who isn’t a teacher?  Going back to my caveman reference…
Cave children were very happy to play with a stick.  That’s all their simple brains needed to stay engaged.  Now, thanks to evolution, my child can’t take in enough stimulation.  Post-Cave children are all like this, it doesn’t matter who you are or what you are doing, there is a child somewhere learning from you.  Soaking in every move you make, taking to heart every word out of your lips, desperately trying to comprehend the expression on your face.  Creeped out?  You should be.  This is my plea to anyone and everyone-be careful what you do in public.  Understand it’s very hard to teach a 16 month old child that the middle finger is not a friendly one, or hitting someone else (even if you laugh while doing it) isn’t nice.  It only takes one moment for it to in grain into their little brains. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment