Total Pageviews

18 November 2014

8 Weeks.

11th of November

No pictures today.  Miles has seemed to mis place my sandisk for the fancy camera, and it was a busy-ish day.  I woke to a text from a friend notifying me that she was in labor.  A lazy morning with my kiddos and by the time it was time to drop Bug at school, my friend's labor really wasn't labor and decisions had to be made that she was desperately trying to avoid.  Post school drop off, Miles and I drove over to another friends house to hang out while we awaited the more news from our friend in labor.  I probably had stuff to do at home, but it was so nice to sit on a couch and casually converse with a friend while the kids played without either older sibling.

Mama and baby turned out just fine.  A big healthy girl, and a tired Mama, but her parents were on the way :-)  Brought back all sorts of memories from that time which seems like another life ago.  The moments that I consider another kid, it doesn't scare me, it doesn't seem like it would change the dynamic anymore.  Especially with how big the two we have are already.  (no one get any crazy ideas from that statement).

I miss my Veteran a lot today.  I am flooded with thoughts and memories that I have now that I would never have been a part of if I had not met so many other veterans that I now know, and now hold in a very special place in my heart.  Thank you Veterans, thank you wives of Veterans, and thank you families of Veterans :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment