An early morning earthquake shocked my heart into high gear. I broke my Facebook ban from the day before to share the news. A 5.0 magnitude that had an initial rock and then by the time they usually stop, this one didn't, it got slightly stronger enough that I felt I need to go to the kids. It's surreal. There's so much I've experienced here that I'd, without hesitation, label surreal. The Northern Lights, being in charge of the indoor plumbing in a 40+ year old house, and now standing through an earthquake.
The world keeps spinning though, and on with our day we went. The rest of that day went swimmingly. I struggled a lot with planning for this trade show. I didn't know where to start, I've know about it for months, and I just didn't know what I needed to be making or how I should display my so called talents. This was also a part of the awful grouchy mood that struck me two days prior. I was feeling wasted and unfocused. My weight that usually keeps me grounded and focused doesn't do well from long distance. And I'm not saying it's the weights fault - he's got a lot on his plate right now too :)
Last night in between the 2nd glass of wine I got productive and it all fell into place, the ideas started flowing. What my door prize was going to be, what drawings I'd have at the table, how I'd explain the "type" of yoga that I teach...
The kids did great with their long-term (6ish hours) babysitter, and I had a great time chatting about the things I love with other ladies who needed that extra nudge into the world of better living!

No comments:
Post a Comment