3 full weeks have gone by. That's almost a month! I think things seem to be going quickly. Though the end of the week seems to drag. By Friday, I'm going to want to bang my head against the wall. I dislike the weekends the most. As would anyone going through a deployment or involuntary separation. It makes sense, I used to cater the weekend activities to Dad and what he wanted to do while he was home from work. Now I don't have that...and I'm so lost. Too much time, and I'm not "free" enough of the kids to be able to dive into a huge project with that free time. So it's luke warm. And I want to spit it out.
But I should stop, this is getting slightly depressing and that's not the intent here! So, moving on. As Wednesdays are becoming my least favorite day - they are just long and draining, especially on the kids. I pick up Bug late in order to teach a yoga class to her after school mates. Today I came up with "Dance Yoga". We discussed and practiced a few poses and then I played a song and they got to dance on their mat (this was amazing!!) when the song stopped, I called out one of the poses and they had to do it. It was a huge success! They loved it, they got to burn some energy (usually they are so spent by the end of the day), and they did more yoga during this session (with a big inhale and exhale after all of them got into the pose) than any other so far :) So that 45 min was great, but tiring once I had to wrangle my two into the car, get home to make dinner and rush off to the adult yoga class (which is during their bedtime - so I'm worried about them exploding at some point during the class).
Tonight I decided to "noodle" some zucchini with my new kitchen tool. To my surprise after you "noodle" 95% of the vegetable, you're left with two bi-products. I did not anticipate them, and for some reason they struck me as funny. The kids watched the noodling process in amazement, and when I produced the two odd looking remnants, they both exploded with big belly giggles which of course, I couldn't help but smile at :)
By the way, they loved the zucchini noodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment