Total Pageviews

18 September 2014

Day 2

My favorite flowers are Daisies and Sunflowers.  I've never been able to grow either of them. I've been trying pretty actively to attempt Sunflowers since we've been in AK, with no success.  Today I realized that a few stray seeds must have slipped between the cracks because this is what bloomed in the Morning Glory planter! (It didn't bloom today, but this morning was the first day I noticed it).


Not only was I blessed with the pleasant surprise of my Sunflower, but the afternoon proved to be highly productive in the land of "homesteading".  I have failed rather miserably at trying to brew Kombucha tea - which is supposed to be really simple.  I'm on my 2nd attempt at a starter batch and again, to my surprise, seemingly over night, I not only have a healthy starter batch, but the "mom" has already produced a "baby"!  (It's a good sign in the world of Kombucha brewing, trust me).  So I had to whip up more "food" for the SCOBYs and at the same time mixed my kefir grains with flour to prep dough for baking bread tomorrow:)  To sweeten the moment the Mr. saw spinach on the counter and asked to eat some.  He did.  More than once.  What toddler eats raw spinach?  Thankfully, mine does! 


No comments:

Post a Comment