Total Pageviews

06 October 2011

Day 353 Oct.5 2011

Big news today.  Our Welcome Home Ceremony time is October 12th!

7 more days!  It is very possible that this is the last Wednesday night I spend alone!  This feeling is kind of similar to the days leading up to Caitlin's due date.  I've had plenty of time to prepare, I know the change won't knock us out so bad we won't recover.  We might stumble a little bit, but we will all recover quickly.  But our life will change-over night.  We will drive home with one more person in the car than when we left :)

Everything will be the way it should be.

We got to chat with Chad this morning.  The guys that are in transit and awaiting their flights have some pretty crummy accommodations, but Chad and Aleece's husband, Brad, took over another friend's room who has internet (he hasn't moved out from his "permanent" residence yet).  So I guess the guys hung out there for a while, and Chad was able to skype Caitlin and I.  We talked for about an hour, it was so nice to hear his voice.  It's been about a month since he moved out of his room and went internet-less.  He was in good spirits (knowing he was on his way home, be it a very long journey still), and it was really easy to picture the smile he'd have on his face every time he said something.  A smile I'm so close to seeing in person...

I'm going to be a teary-eyed mess for the next 7 days...I apologize to everyone ahead of time...egads.

The joy of talking with Chad and the 7 day deadline kicked my butt into gear and I looked around the house to see what needed to be done.  It was the first time I looked at the house since this cold had taken hold of me...holy moley.  How did we live through these last 4 days???  Nap/quiet time was just minutes away, so we read until Bug had heavy eye lids and into her crib she went.  The heavy eye lids were a lie, by the way, she played for an hour and a half before finally falling asleep...  Anyway, the cleaning lady went to town and did a job very well done!  I reorganized the books on the bookshelf, dusted, vacuumed, took a toothbrush to the tiny crevices on the high chair...all those little things that I set aside for another day-today was that day.

I adjusted our living calendar and now have a "big event" on each day until Chad comes home...it's a good feeling.  And indescribable feeling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment