I had a "Holy cow, when did you grow up?" moment with Caitlin this morning. Normally when I get her out of the crib and get clothes on her for the day our next step is to put the pacifier and blanket back in the crib. She usually does both of these without hesitation. Well, once I changed her I let her keep the pacifier and blanket while I changed and put my contacts in. She came to me holding the pacifier saying "hep, hep, hep" (help). She took my hand and brought me to the crib and motioned for me to put her pacifier in the crib (she won't reach through, she has to put it over the top and she can't quite reach that high). She started getting impatient waiting for me to get ready, and she kept saying "mar mar" (marvin). And before I know it, she had scooted on her butt down the stairs in search of the cat. So I finished up and headed down (I heard her sneeze which means she's going to need a tissue, especially first thing in the morning), as I get to the kitchen, she's stretched as far as she can and has grabbed the tissue box off the counter and is already blowing her nose. I stopped to see what she'd do, she put the tissue box back on the counter and threw out her tissue and went to sit in her chair in the living room in front of the TV and turned and looked at me, as if to say, "where's Dinosaur Train? Why isn't it on?"...
In other news, we kind of got bad news. As of today Chad has about 8-11 days before he starts his travel home process. He just got assigned an investigation in a location he can't get to until the 1st of October. Let me back up a moment and explain why this is a big deal. These investigations can be minor things, or pretty major incidents, I'm not sure what kind this is and it doesn't really matter. The issue is brigade has to close off on these investigations as "completed" before Chad can come home. A month or so ago he turned in two investigations that are still not closed out on brigades end. Can you see the issue? Even if he gets his part of the investigation done and completed in a couple days, I don't see brigade changing their routine and getting this one closed in time for him to catch his scheduled flight out...I'm not sure what this means for us, it doesn't look good, or feel good in my gut. But we'll see. Things always seem to change in the first 24 hours, that's almost a guarantee when working with the Army.
Before this crappy news, I had a really pleasant cool morning with the kiddo in the front yard. I actually had the chance to sit and read while she colored with chalk. The breeze was the cherry on top :) I know the pictures is lame, but it was hard to make a driveway look peaceful and relaxing...you're just going to have to believe me-it was nice :)
No comments:
Post a Comment