I had nothing big planned for today, and those days usually make me a little nervous. They are either a blank slate for a day full of creativity and freedom to do whatever my heart desires. Or they are big sucking black holes that only make me cranky and grumpy because I don't have anything specific to do. I woke up on the lucky side today. Before 9am I had vacuumed the whole first floor of the house, mopped the linoleum floors, straightened the living/dining room areas, quick cleaned the bathrooms, had done two loads of laundry, and had made Bug breakfast. I was feeling on top of the world. We had some time for outside romping before I anticipated a call from Chad, so that is just what we did. I also got really excited because I was able to get Bug's hair into a pony tail...her first :) I made sure to bring the camera with me to the swings since she looked so 'grown up'. This is me trying to make up for the blogs that I skipped pictures in, I know it's partially cheating b/c the majority of them are of Bug...
After our romp outside and a quick lunch, Bug went down for her nap and I headed next door to visit with friends. Midway through this visit, I get a phone call.
Me: Hello
Caller: Is this Ms. Conger, expecting a television?
Me: Oh, yes! Do we need to set a delivery date? (thinking this is the replacement TV that was being sent as of yesterday afternoon)
Caller: Well, no. (sounding very confused) I'm right outside your door with it, should I just leave it on your porch?
Me: What?!?! I'll be right over, I'm just next door.
I discovered, once the delivery guy and I sifted through the shipping papers, that the TV now sitting on my door step was the "lost" TV that as of yesterday at 10am was in Georgia and labeled as "damaged". It seems the TV had wings in order for it to get from Georgia to Fort Polk in just 27 hours. I was very hesitant to accept a "damaged" TV, but the driver noted the excessive damage on the shipping papers and recommended that I take the TV and call the selling company to see what they would like me to do, especially if I had a replacement on the way. It would be simple to swap TVs when the other one was delivered. Wasn't this saga supposed to be over?!? Ugh. Vann's wanted me to open the TV and check it out and call them back after I got it hooked up. So BFF Erin helped me unpack the box and get it set up on the stand before the kiddo woke up. We determined that there was not a single scratch on the TV and it worked just fine. We were shocked. B/c this is what the box looked like:
Nice, huh? Maybe now the saga is over. Lets hope. Maybe I shouldn't say that anymore. I might be jinxing myself...
No comments:
Post a Comment