It's one thing to run errands solo while your usual tag-along is with the baby-sitter. It's another thing to spend time in your house without said appendage. That is exactly what I got to do this morning for 45 min. After my workout I got my few things from the commissary to get us through the week and had to bring them home since I had forgotten my cooler. This wasn't a big deal because our meeting had actually been pushed back an hour from when we usually had it. So I came home to unload groceries and after realizing I had 45 min before I had to head back to Post, I grabbed the newspaper and took to the backyard.
Let me back up and tell you that whether or not it stays, Fall arrived this morning. When I came down the stairs (mind you all the windows in the house have been open since TS Lee hit on Friday night) it was a chilly 56 degrees and I felt as if I had walked into a refrigerator. I thought after a cup of coffee I'd warm up and not notice it. Nope, I had to close the window until the sun came up. And let me tell you, once the sun came up...oh, I thought yesterday was perfect...There wasn't even the tiniest hint of wind, the sun was crisp and seemed brighter than it's ever been in a while. Seemingly the suns' rays intensify as they move through cold air.
We put on pants and sweaters and had waffles and grapes for breakfast. After I had my blissful break in the backyard, a quick meeting, and got the kid home and in bed, I finished a friend's winter hat. I'm very proud of it. I hope it fits him. We got some swinging in post nap and pre babysitting round 2. Cate spent another hour with her sitter so Mom and Erin could attend a new yoga class. You're not supposed to think during yoga. The whole point is to clear your mind and focus only on your breath and your muscles. Well, the instructor we had today was just filling in and she made it clear that she wasn't certified in the yoga we were there to do, but I couldn't help thinking throughout the whole hour, "she should say this," or "she should show this adjustment," or "she should remind everyone of this,"...then I thought:
"What would it take to be a certified yoga instructor?"...
Sorry, Dear. I'm sure this is just some other hobby that I wouldn't get paid for. But this is probably one of the closest to making a profit ideas I've ever had (maybe?)...right up there with getting my teaching certificate. I kind of feel like I'm back in elementary school and I'm trying to come up with what I want to be when I grow up...
No comments:
Post a Comment