Total Pageviews

06 September 2011

Day 323 Sept.5 2011

I've been raving about a new show on the USA Network.  Suits.  It has NOTHING to do with death.  Yes, it's a show about lying and deceit, but it's general moral value is pretty high.  And it doesn't open with some grisly death or body discovery that they spend the rest of the show unraveling.  It's up lifting :)

To run with that theme, I watched a movie today during nap-time.  Morning Glory.  It has sky rocketed to one of my most all time favorite movies.  It seems that the premise to most every movie now a days is as follows:

boy meets girl.
one of them rejects the other for one reason or another.
someone lies or tricks the other into falling for the them.
they spend the movie actually falling in love with each other.
the lies are brought to the surface in some dramatic fashion.
big fight. tears.  yelling.  break up.
someone does something grand.  some kind of self-sacrifice to prove their love to the other.
they get back together.  happily ever after.

Usually the only thing that keeps these movies entertaining or tolerable is some unique plot line, or very very good screen writing.  The movie this afternoon, was nothing like that.

It wasn't centered on a couple falling in and out of love and having make up sex.  It was about a relationship, and rescuing someone that needed a friend.  There was a grand gesture to prove how much one meant to the other.  But it wasn't about sex or lust.  It was about a friendship.  And Harrison Ford is in it.  I don't think I can hate a movie he is in.  By far, one of my most favorite actors.  Ever.

The End :)

{oh, and my camera battery died so when I went to take it outside to capture the perfect weather day we were having, I couldn't...and then it charged all afternoon and then we got busy...sorry folks}

No comments:

Post a Comment