Yesterday I expressed to a friend that I hopped to get bitten by the cleaning bug sometime today. The house was due for a good thorough cleaning. I got bitten. Hard. Even though I was running on 4 nights of 6 hours of sleep or less and I desperately need a nap, when Cate went down, I put on my cleaning outfit. It was one of those "start on this wall and work to the other wall". I didn't miss anything in my path. EVERYTHING went back to its home. If it didn't have a home, I made one for it right then and there. In addition to all of the regular chores (vacuuming, dusting, toilet cleaning), I got a very good amount of things organized. The only room in the house that still needs love is the garage. And I'm waiting to selling the treadmill before I get in there and do some damage. I've got time, Chad's redeployment date has been moved back a few weeks to the original date (not sure I told everyone it had ever moved up-I didn't expect it to stick).
It's been a while since I've had a nice good deep clean of the house. Definitely one of my most satisfying tasks :) To top it off, Aleece came over for dinner. She watched Caitlin dump (not once, but twice) enormously large portions of orange baby food on the carpet. What housing company puts carpet in the dining room!!!!
After dinner Caitlin insisted on showing off all of her bouncing and running and spinning skills to our company. She ran and squealed and tackled Aleece until about 9pm when I had to put on the Mom Hat and take the kiddo upstairs for bed. Once she realized what I was doing, she was okay with it :)
Then the big kids watched a movie. Tangled :) Very cute movie, I think I'd be okay with owning it.
I was very pleased that I'm still able to salvage my birthday flowers. I've been gently tending to them over the last few weeks to get them to last as long as possible. They're doing nicely :)
No comments:
Post a Comment