Total Pageviews

10 August 2011

Day 297 Aug.10 2011

I finally got my lazy day.  We didn't step foot outside until 4:15 and that was so we could get to the pool.

I got caught up on emails, lazed around, knitted, watched Caitlin wear the cat's cube, and chatted with the hubby for a little.  We would have had a longer talk if the desert would cooperate and get its sand under control.  Once I put Bug down, I got more knitting done, started watching Iron Man 2 (Oh, Robert), and had a visit with Erin.  She came over to plan our choices for the Spouses Conference on Post in September.  It's funny, I remember this conference being advertised the summer I got here and I wouldn't have considered it for a second.  It was so intimidating.  But now I can't wait to go.  No matter what theme my life has taken on, I have to be the nerd form...why?  Who knew you could be an Army Wife nerd...oh well.  What can I say, I love information, there are worse things I could be addicted to.  Like gluten ;-)

Anyway, the pool was great, I had a blast with all the girls.  Erin and I met Jackie, Aleece, and Becky there.  Cate actually let me hang with the girls and be a part of the conversation!  It was exceptionally nice.  We got back and I was able to whip up a quick dinner.  We continued the lazy theme for the day and Bug happily played with her toys here in the living room until 7:30 when I had to drag her upstairs to get ready for bed.  She almost didn't make it through the book we read, I love what the pool does to her :)

In parent news, Caitlin peed TWICE on the potty today.  I wish there was another way I could say that without sounding like a 3-year-old.  Ugh, I feel like I can't relay her progress in any other way than that of a small child...either way.  I'm pretty geeked that it's happened twice in one day and I was able to get excited and tell her she's awesome for using the potty.  Is it possibly to potty train an 18 month  old in two months????  Is that rushing things a bit?  That would be a pretty cool gift for my Hubby, well it's not winning the lottery, but it's something I put a lot of effort in-it's the thought that counts, right? :)



Paleo Day 20.
Ten more days to go before I can really take the paleo thing to heart.  I've had some good solid work outs this last week and I have had ZERO swelling or achy knee pain after.  Again, I'm hoping that's a really good sign and not a coincidence.  I will be floored if this actually helps my knee and puts off a knee replacement in 10 years.  I had a horrible experience with the paleo sloppy joes last night.  Chad won't be disappointed at all that I won't be making those.  I'm not sure what went wrong-everything else from the book has been fantastic, I had to have missed something, but I'm too scared to try again.  And since Chad won't miss them, I probably won't ever try them again.  Today however,  I scored a home run with my avocado & turkey sandwich.  The sandwich part was a portabella mushroom...holy moley.  The mushroom was sautéed to soften it up, and I just tossed everything I had in the fridge between the two mushroom pieces, turkey, avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion...if only I had had some bacon...

No comments:

Post a Comment