Determined to have another good day today, I dragged my butt out of bed and we hit up the park again before talking with Dad. It was well worth it (as it always is, I shouldn't be surprised). It was slightly cooler than normal and sooooo quiet. I'm not sure why it seemed so quiet, but that's all I thought, it seemed like we were the only two people awake. Kind of creepy, but kind of serene at the same time. We spent most of the time "wee-ing" which means swinging, don't worry, no one's getting arrested. After a brief chat with Dad (the internet wasn't friendly to us), I now had the next 2 hours to pass before we left to see the final Harry Potter movie. It was painful, but I made it through. (If getting through the 2 hours prior to seeing Harry Potter was this bad, I might need professional help when Chad comes home). I put the kiddo down for her nap, a neighbor stepped in to listen to the monitor, and Erin and I were off!
It was a great movie, save for the babbling 15 month old behind us and the 8-year-old that kept asking questions of her parents about what was going on (REALLY PEOPLE?!?!?!?) I won't go into my tirade about selfish parents. A very intense movie. I'm glad they broke the last book into two parts, even if it was for more money... What I'm also very okay with was the preview I saw for Sherlock Holmes 2!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost jumped out of my seat when I realized what the preview was for. Robert Downey Jr. is very quickly replacing Vin Diesel as my dream actor (I also just watched Iron Man recently).
Anyway, fantastic time out with Erin, and apparently we felt we didn't spend enough time together because as she pulled into my driveway, she mentioned going to Alex tomorrow sometime. I said, why not now? Caitlin has had her nap, I can find paleo food in Alex, let's go!
So we did. I got free underwear, Erin bought the phones she needed from Best Buy, and I got a paleo friendly meal that I didn't cook. Where you might ask?...Applebees. The waiter was very nice and didn't look at me too crazy when I asked for the steak with no cheese and instead of red potatoes a large side of steamed veggies. And another side of veggies for Caitlin. The sautéed vegetables on the steak very possibly could have been cooked in butter (because they were PHENOMENAL), but it was worth not having to cook dinner just once.
Sigh...today absolutely flew by, it was great. Here's hoping for another quick day tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment