Today was a pretty silent day-for half of the household. I woke up lacking a voice, or well, it's there, it just takes a lot of focus and painful energy to make it work. Caitlin on the other hand has begun regularly using three syllables that I for the life of me can't figure out what they mean. And she's using them constantly. One of them ends in -esh and is usually a question. Sometimes it sounds like she begins it with an i, sometimes a th. But she points at everything and everything and says "iessh". The second one is very tongue oriented and there is no way I could begin to type it. It's similar to pacifier (for those of you who have heard her ask for her pacifier). But again, she uses it all the time, it seems to be more of a statement. The other one is "or". She was sitting with her legos repeating these as she touched the little nodules on top of each lego, like she was naming them...
Speaking of toys, I came across this little guy while I was straightening some things around the desk. He used to live in the Saturn, right next to the odometer. And long before his time in the Saturn, he belonged to two small children. He was one in a handful of figurines. He came to live in the car when my Dad dug him up out of some place in the backyard. How poetic. They were awesome bath toys and even better mud toys. I always think of Nonners when I see this little guy :)
Paleo Day 7.
One complete week down. I'm not feeling like a completely new person, but keep in mind, grains and dairy didn't ever seem to cause my belly any issues. And I was a pretty healthy, in shape person to begin with, so I wasn't looking for any dramatic changes to my physique. I have noticed that I'm waking up now headache free. I think they were caffeine or sugar related. I usually had a bowl of ice cream every night, and a good helping of coffee all morning. My energy levels might be better but it's hard to tell since I've been fighting off this cold. I really truly have a good handle on the cooking aspect of paleo, and I'm very much a fan. I know I've said this before, I just really really mean it. I'm using leftovers more efficiently (I'm not a fan of leftovers), I feel silly that I never thought to put most of this stuff on a salad, and if you're using a productive lettuce (anything other than iceberg) you're getting your much needed and valuable magnesium - and for women, that's a big deal. Your bones will thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment