I can't believe July is almost over. It seems like I say that a lot, but don't feel any closer to 17 Oct. Wow, October, now that I've said it out loud, it sounds like an eternity away...This being day 280, we're now 85 days away. Or 12 weeks. Or 2,038 hours.
Yea, I don't feel any better. Sigh...well, maybe the sooner I accept the fact we aren't in the home stretch, the easier this last chunk of time will be. I think that is my problem, I'm getting too far ahead of myself, I need to stay a little more focused on the present. I need to break out some of my projects and get lost in those. Maybe that will help pass the time.
Enough of my rant about something I can't control. Today did prove to be slightly fruitful. I really do now enjoy Caitlin's 3 hour mid-day nap. I was able to paint her little chair like I've been meaning to since before R&R. I am so pleased with myself, it turned out perfectly. She even points to the back of the chair at each bug and says "buh-buh" (which means bug-don't ask my why it's a double syllable, haven't figured it out). Behold, my pride and joy of the day :)
Paleo Day 3.
I grumbled a little bit this morning when my breakfast was supposed to be left over chicken from last night and not scrambled eggs, or something else breakfasty. But I hiked up my panties and threw some of the crock-pot chicken in a pan with some olive oil, heated it up (pulled some out for the kiddo), and then added a glug of salsa and chopped an avocado. This ended up being delicious. Caitlin didn't mind eating chicken for breakfast, and mine mixed with the warm salsa and avocado, was heaven. Lunch, was supposed to be tuna, and I can't stand tuna, so I made a salad from leftovers from day 1, and Bug had leftover burger from day 2. And dinner, egads, easiest thing in the world. Pork loin in the crock-pot with cauliflower and zucchini, a can of tomato sauce, and basil. And it went right from pot to plate, there was nothing else. AND it's kid approved. Caitlin ate it as well. Wow. I'm usually not a fan of pork, but this didn't taste porky, it wasn't salty like I expected, I was so very pleased :) Things are going well, I'd say!

I am new to your blog, but I love the idea of a picture a day. I hope it is passing the time (even though you said you don't feel any closer to Oct.) I hope the time continues to fly, and beware, I found the week before my husband came home to be the loonnngggessst. I look forward to reading your blog more often!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Lily. The whole blog has been hard at times (I've gotten to almost a whole month behind), but it really has helped to keep the focus on other things rather than self pity :) If the Army could require civilians to do anything, I think this should be it! :)
ReplyDelete