I always look forward to the weekend, not that it gives me any break or a different scenery, but it means another week has passed. Last I counted we were at 11 weeks left. I don't really remember when that was, so I could be looking at a single digit week count...
I'm starting to really see the possibility of Chad coming home. And not that I didn't expect him to not come home - it's more that Bug and I have gotten back a really good routine, and I'm starting to see how easily Dad can fit into that. And no, I'm not going to tell him this is how he will live his life now that we're under the same roof. I'm more hopeful that he will naturally fill into certain places. Like, now that she is down to one nap and wakes up around 3 or 3:30, we can still get our hour and a half or so of pool time in before I need to start dinner. The downside to one nap is that she's awake during dinner prep. She has started getting a little clingy, which makes cooking dinner difficult. But now I'm seeing Chad come home from work just in time to distract the kid from the kitchen, roll around on the living room floor with her and unwind from work, and I can finish dinner. After dinner when we go for our walk, I know she wants to run and be chased, but I don't have the energy for it...maybe Dad will. Or the possibility of alternating days who chases her through the yard is a beautiful image to me...oh to have our family back together...I'm trying to contain my excitement, I still have a long way to go...
Paleo Day 2.
I'm already over the coffee thing. Breakfast this morning was incredible. Egg Cupcakes = amazing. And I bet they freeze really well and would be a great 'on-the-go' morning food. Lunch was a straight forward burger (I used turkey). I topped it with chopped avocado, tomato, onion, and garlic. And had a side of spicy brown mustard for dipping. And while I was making lunch, I threw a whole chicken in the crockpot, smothered it in a paleo suggested seasoning mix, and was ultimately done with dinner. I'm floored at how much more simple making food has gotten. My Mom had mentioned that fact before we left MI, but I didn't really understand until I was the one behind the oven. Oh, so nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment