Late last night, my cuncle (long story) Andy and my cousin Nick came over and we chatted for a bit on the back porch. Johnny and I overheard them talking about breakfast the next morning, naturally, we invited ourselves along. We met at Golden Harvest in Old Town Lansing. As we walked up to the front door, Johnny mentioned that the place was “eclectic”…but I could tell that wasn’t the word he wanted to use. There wasn’t a word that would fully describe this establishment. The walls were covered with stuff. 30-year-old plastic smurf trays, metal signs that have every explicit saying known to man, children's drawings of how much they love Golden Harvest food, Andy Warhol style pictures…and that was only the bit I could see from our small table. The wait staff had bright pink hair and piercings and tattoos, but were the nicest, friendliest people. And the food, holy cow! It was diner style food, but it was amazing. The omelet I got was enormous and full of flavor. And they grow all of their own vegetables-hence the name of the restaurant. One of those places where you don’t just get food, you get an experience :)
No comments:
Post a Comment