Happy Father's Day to all Fathers, whether it's your 1st or your 26th!
We celebrated by chasing otters.
And riding camels, and ponies.
And eating ice cream.
I think everyone had a pretty good time at the zoo this afternoon. I do really enjoy these day trips, when the weather is nice and Cate is in a good mood. But they are always bittersweet. With half of me stuck in Afghanistan, there is no 100% enjoyment possible. And it's getting harder the closer we get to the end of this deployment. I'm worried I'm reaching my breaking point. I have no idea what that will look like, but I hope it can hold out for another 115 days or so...
Oh, and Babe, Caitlin spoke with this otter and they have worked out an agreement where he is happy to live in our bathtub at home and she will love him and feed him and splash with him every night. We just need your approval :)
No comments:
Post a Comment