20th of November
The 2nd to last full day apart. Mr hasn't slept well lately, but last night he did. I woke up happy knowing maybe he was getting out of this up 6 times at night thing. My happy thoughts were fleeting though. We got some rough news. Rough isn't the word, devastating is the word. The recruiting position Chad was offered is essentially off the table. His weight failure flag (from 2.5 years ago) expires from his record on 1 September. If his report date were after this date, then there wouldn't be a problem. His report date is 1 August, with an early report authorized because we need to leave here on 20 June. He has no reason to extend here and since we are "over seas" he can't simply hang out. We (at least I) thought they considered all his qualifications. I thought we were past this. I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under us.
He can submit a request for a waiver, which he'll do next week when he gets back to work, but it's highly highly highly unlikely it will get accepted by the 9 or so people it has to go through. His Branch manager says she will not offer the position to anyone else until we get a more solid answer about the waiver.
I find myself about every 24 minutes, exhaling out strongly. Reminding myself to look around. Get some perspective. He's coming home in less than 36 hours. At least we found out moments before he comes home and not right after he left for school where we'd be faced with dealing with this on opposite ends of the continent.
We could use some prayers. For really any aspect of this situation. That another door opens, that someone has a change of heart and accepts the waiver this time. That we can find a way to extend in AK to allow for a 2 September report date. Or another position in the Midwest of some kind. And acceptance. It's hard to get shit on and take it gracefully. Even if we hadn't had told everyone of our great opportunity, I'd still be crushed.
But tomorrow is the day that after I wake up, I won't sleep again until I see my husband. One more sleep. And I'll likely sleep well, my eyes are tired, my soul hurts. I just hope Mr stays in bed and I don't have to go find paci 14 times.
A girlfriend who is also Hubby-less invited us over to share dinner. We watched a movie (where I almost fell asleep multiple times) and I think it was the first time I had both kids in my lap, calmly and snuggly for an extended period of time :-)

That's great that your time of separation is almost over, but I'm sorry to hear about your disappointing news. I'll keep praying for you guys.
ReplyDelete