Total Pageviews

05 November 2014

Day 46.

November 1st



I woke up today ready to tell Father James and our Director of Religious Education (Garrett) that they should find another Parish Administrator.  I was feeling like I had dropped the ball on too many things (really minor things) and was thinking it would be easier for everyone if someone else stepped in.  I'm glad the kids and I got to Mass a few minutes late so I didn't have the chance to say anything to Father or Garrett.  We rolled right from Mass into CCD (we have grades K-8th) and RCIA.  Once I got the teachers set up and made sure they had everything they needed I turned my attention to the kitchen and started prepping lunch with Garrett.  After classes were done, I announced that all the kids participating in the All Saints Pageant needed to get changed/prepared and back into the chapel for the big show.  I actually felt really bad at this moment because Bug told me she wanted to dress up too...which I had not prepared for - due to feeling really overwhelmed...:-( (Mom fail.)  I promised to make it up to her.  The show was absolutely adorable.  Pure sweetness.  After the pageant we had lunch for everyone: Chili, grilled cheese, and tomato soup, with a few other sides.  All the kids played, everyone sat around and chatted and had 2nds and 3rds, I felt like a proud Mama Hen!

Caitlin had her 2nd helping of grilled cheese and soup and insisted that she go sit with "the guys".  Granted they were the only ones sitting (they had all helped prep the food and were finally getting to eat), but I thought it was funny to see her at their table :)

After helping to clean the chapel, we got home and pretty much crashed.  We watched a movie then hauled wood.

A really refreshing day.  I'm happy to be apart of the parish that I am.  I'm glad they let me take care of them, I hope they think I do an okay job :)


No comments:

Post a Comment