We had "muffins" for breakfast. They weren't made with muffin mix though, they were made with cake mix...shhhh.
This might become a regular thing now...the muffins and the shoulder sitting...
I got to share one of my most favorite movies with one of my most favorite people tonight. This is a movie the Hubs came home with kind of out of the blue. I had no idea really what the movie was about and I was kind of surprised because he isn't usually a Ben Stiller fan. I want to watch this movie all the time. The crazy thing is that a day or two ago Leanne mentioned an idea or a concept or a belief that was almost straight out of the movie. She's never seen the movie. She saw it tonight when I got home from class. I think she loved it too. She's probably already read the book by now. There is a fishing vessel in the movie named Erkigsnek. It means Peace in Eskimo/Inuit. The whole movie really comes down to peace. Finding your peace, being at peace, understanding yours and other's. Knowing it can take many different forms. I feel like self-awareness is a really important and over looked concept in today's society. If we all knew a little bit more about ourselves we'd likely more easily understand others and where they are coming from and I think we'd see a slightly happier world. Whether you're careening down the side of a volcano on a long board with your arms open to the sky, or soaking in the bath tub hiding under 2 feet of bubbles, finding your peace is important. Having the confidence to go out and look for it at the risk of failing and falling and stumbling and looking like an idiot. It will all be worth it once you find your peace :)

No comments:
Post a Comment