Total Pageviews

17 October 2011

Day 362 Oct.14 2011

Back to reality.  Its weird to think about the fact it has been a year.  It sure doesn't feel like it when we're gracefully dancing around each other in the kitchen during dinner prep.  Caitlin isn't bothered by him being home.  She asks for him when he doesn't follow me into the room.  When the scary kid was at the park, she ran to hold on to Daddy's legs and not mine.  I can't even BEGIN to explain how nice it is to listen to them play in the living room or backyard while I make food for us.

It is a freeing experience.  It still makes me a little sick when I look back at pictures of Caitlin from the Christmas he was gone and realize those memories seem like 5 years ago.  But I don't have to think about that anymore.  I can and will shove it to the back of my mind.  I have it all recorded here.  I can come back to it and relive it if need be.  But right now, I am going to soak up every moment of smiles, giggles, and laughter.

My goal from here on out will be to not get complacent.  I know that's a hefty challenge, but I insist that I not ever take my husband for granted.  Deployment or not, things move too fast, and time is really just too short.  Excuse the cliches...but they're true :)



No comments:

Post a Comment