Oh such a miserable day...Mom's sick. Body aches, chills, hot flashes, non-stop runny nose, sinus head ache. All I want to do is sleep.
Caitlin only took an hour nap this afternoon, and I was able to put her in her crib for 45 min of quiet time right before dinner. But I wanted more rest.
I am very proud of myself as I was scuffling through the kitchen around dinner time, the only thing I could think of was how little I wanted to cook anything. I just wanted food to appear. I was inches from ordering pizza. But I held out. The saying, "mind over matter" really is true. A few days ago when I thought my husband wasn't coming home for another 50 days-my mind was weak and incapable of any form of reason-I ordered pizza. This evening, I'm physically weak. Too much movement makes me light headed. But I knew I had the ingredients for dinner, I had to make something, if we are going to get over this cold we need good food. So my mind won. I made dinner even though it was difficult to stand for more than 5 min at a time. Well done brain.
I also found out today that Chad was moments from getting on a plane to start the process home. He would have been leaving 4 days earlier than the scheduled flight and would have spent those 4 days waiting in Manas, but he would have been out of Afghanistan. He didn't want to tell me about the early departure b/c he didn't want to jinx it. He didn't have to tell me to jinx it, the flights got canceled anyway. Bummer. And then he stopped responding to my emails....there could be so many reasons as to why he stopped replying. Called to work, internet went down, called to get on a plane...who knows...
We picked this up from the neighbor yesterday, and I'm really glad we did. It's been a great distraction for the kiddo :)
No comments:
Post a Comment