Total Pageviews

15 August 2011

Day 302 Aug.15 2011

Another busy busy day.  It flew by without even a blink of an  eye!

I got an invite early in the morning to go to a friend's house and talk babysitting (this friend has two teenage daughters).  On the way out the door, we got a nice surprise by hearing from Dad.  Granted, I felt bad for saying, we're on our way out the door...we talked briefly and had plans to call him back when we got home from our visit.  Caitlin is always pleased to get out of the house and do something, she had a ball and didn't want to leave.  We also discovered that she LOVES giving hugs.  I told her to hug everyone good bye, not thinking she'd really do it...oh, no, she threw herself at each person in the room, giggling the whole time.  I'm going to enjoy this phase :)

When we got home there was a package by the front door!!!  I love packages.  This one was from Mom-in-law and it contained the hand knitted wash cloths (I had requested a few weeks ago-they're amazing), my hair brush that I left in Traverse City during our visit, and a slew of canned jams, syrups, and jellies!  I'm super excited that I only have 3 days left of my Paleo Challenge, and after that I get to experiment and start to add things back into my diet to see how they affect my body.  Yes, jams and jellies are most likely not paleo because of the added sugar, but if I'm okay with it and it doesn't make me physically ill, then using it as a topping on my paleo pancakes every now and then is just fine in my eyes.  Or making paleo tarts with one of them as a filling...oh the possibilities!!!!


In case you can't read the labels in the picture (Left to right, top to bottom):
Black Forest Preserves - Cherries & Chocolate
Apple Pie Jam
Blackberry Liqueur Syrup
Kiwi Daiquiri Jam
Red Raspberry
Fig Apple Jam
Blueberry Jam
Mystery Jar...
Pineapple Orange (not sure where this one came from, last I knew they didn't have any pineapple or orange trees on the property...)
Strawberry Rhubarb

:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment