Total Pageviews

14 July 2011

Day 261 Jul.5 2011

The girls hit the mall today with a military ball gown in mind…not a great place to find a non-prom dress, but we thought we’d try it anyway.  Caitlin wasn’t very helpful; she hit her max tolerance rather quickly into the start of the trip, which wasn’t very handy.  But we persevered and I found a dress for 30.00!  Yea, that’s right 30 dollars.  It needs a slight alteration, but the way the dress is constructed, it should be really easy for my Mom to do.  I even considered doing it.  But my fabric selection down here is pretty lame. 

Well, in a few short days Cate and I will head back south.  We don’t have much planned for this week so far.  I have a visit tomorrow with a good friend. But I think that’s all we have on the calendar.  We’ve had a great time on our visit in MI.  It will be weird one day when we come to visit and we don’t stay in the house that I grew up in.  I remember when my parents got rid of their land line…the first phone number I memorized…how could they get rid of it!!!  I seem to be slightly less attached to the house-which is weird, I know.  I think it helps a lot that we’ve made our house in LA into our home.  Not saying I won’t be sad when the day comes that they sell the house.  There’s a story about every wall in the house, there are multiple stories about people falling through the ceiling, finding newspaper imbedded in the hardwood floor under the carpet, sending a small little boy down into the old chimney to pull out bricks because he was the only one that fit, every tree around the house has a story.  The maple tree out front was always a meeting place or “safe” during tag.  The tree out front of the neighbor’s was the best for caterpillar food, and the birch tree in our neighbor’s backyard was also one of our favorite hangout places.  Caroline always came out to remind us not to pull the bark off the tree.  I started my tree hugging early in life, I guess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment