Time for a “This Day in History”:
*2003 : The release of JK Rowling's fifth Harry Potter book "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix".
*1805 - Great Stoneface Mt found in NH.
*1834 - Cyrus Hall McCormick patents reaping machine
*1858 - Louisiana chess prodigy Paul Morphy arrives in Europe
*1893 - 1st Ferris wheel premieres (Chicago's Columbian Exposition)
*1939 - Doctors reveal Lou Gehrig has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
*1948 - 33 1/3 RPM LP record introduced (DR Peter Goldmark-Columbia Records)
*1956 - Anti-protons detected in the atmosphere
*2006 - Pluto's newly discovered moons are officially named Nix & Hydra
I’m very much into HP, currently I’m re-reading the series now.
I can’t decide how I feel about agriculture now that I’ve met “paleo”, I will admit it was a pretty sweet revolution.
Chess really doesn’t do much for me, but the dude is from Louisiana.
Heights are something that seem to bother me the older I get, but the concept of the Ferris wheel is pretty extraordinary. I wouldn’t mind getting a kiss at the top of one from that special someone…
Most people couldn’t tell you what Lou Gehrig’s disease was but know the name without hesitation, and Word doesn’t count the name Gehrig as a misspelling, so I’d say the day it was announced was a pretty big deal.
I like music. In whatever form it may come in.
Science makes me happy. In whatever form it may come in.
I have a soft spot for Pluto. Not sure why, I think I pity it for being the outsider, and then on top of that having it’s planet status questioned…poor thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment